We all know the American dream; having a big house, nice car, happy family, yada yada. But what are the perks to buying vs. renting, or vice versa?
Let’s start with the obvious ones…
- You can move as often or as little as you’d like
- You can rely on your landlord or management company to make repairs
- You can paint/decorate however you’d like
- Make improvements that benefit you and not the landlord
- You can control how long you want to live there
- Get whatever pet you’ve always wanted (so long as it’s legal, come on now…)
- You can throw parties and not have to worry about disturbing your neighbors
- Tax benefits that come with buying
- You’re gaining equity
Purchasing a home is often times the biggest investment in anyones life and it can be a big decision to make. There are numerous things to consider besides decor, landscaping, fixtures, flooring, etc. Want to know the easiest way to find out information about homeownership? Contact your local Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices agent, such as myself, and we can walk you through every step of the process and let you know what you’ll need to make that dream a reality.
With mortgage rates at a record low and FHA financing available to many first-time buyers, getting into the home of your dreams may not be as far off as you think. Contact me today to discuss what you can do to get into the home you’ve always wanted.
Mackenzie Black | Realtor® | email@example.com | (602)430-3206